Looking for great quality cookware these days comes with a lot of confusion. That is not quite surprising as day by day people are moving into cookware. Rather using non-stick, cookware is fun to cook on. They come as a full set along with letting you gain the upper hand. Well, if you are looking for a quality cookware review, you know the benefits alright. Now, we have come here with another review of a popular cookware model on the market. The Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel cookware is the one we are talking about. Here we are going to provide a full detailed review of the product. After reading the whole, we believe you will get to choose your desired cookware with ease.
Calphalon Tri-Ply cookware set review
Now, this is the part where we will discuss the product. We will talk about the features of the cookware. Pointing out the problems of the cookware is also in our priority list. Make sure you read the whole.
Benefits of the cookware:
- 2 stainless steel construction with an aluminum core
- Retains the heat perfectly and heats up perfectly
- Durable and long-lasting
- Has a glossy and shiny finish to it
- Comes with a tempered glass lid
- Elegant brushed stainless steel handles offer better grip
- Won’t catch any scratch easily
- Cleaning is always easy with the cookware
- You will get a full-time warranty
Features of the Calphalon Tri-Ply 13 piece Stainless Steel set
2 ply stainless steel construction with the aluminum core: The cookware comes in complete stainless steel construction. They used 2 plies of stainless steel to construct the whole cookware. The brushed stainless steel interior looks eye-catching and pleasing for the eyes to see. Also, the non-porous stainless steel cooking surface is safe for use with all utensils. So, you can always control while browning or any cooking. On top of the 2 plies, stainless steel has a copper core to back you up for good. Now that is quite nice.
13 pieces set: The Calphalon Tri-Ply 13 piece Stainless Steel pots comes with 13 different items or utensils. All are made using quality stainless steel. You cannot ask for anything better considering the price point. Has a glossy and shiny finish along with great looks and design. The pot set includes 8-, 10-, and 12-inch omelet pans, 1 1/2- and 2 1/2-quart saucepans with lids, 3-quart chef’s pan with lid, 3-quart sauté pan with a lid and a 6-quart stock pot with a lid.
Beautiful design: The design is beautiful. Yes, it is. The brushed stainless steel construction gave it a reflective look and you don’t even have to worry about ruining it while looking. But surely, you will not get a mirror polished surface. The inner surface is smooth and very comfortable for browning or controlling your cooking.
Retains all the heat: You will get all the heat you need. The aluminum core will retain and spread all the heat all over the cookware. So, you get even heating all over your food.
Brushed stainless steel handle and tempered glass lid: The brushed stainless steel handles give you a very comfortable grip and you can always get the support while getting your food out of the cooktop. The handles will always remain cool on the cooktop. The tempered glass lid fits perfectly onto the pan and you can see your cooking process.
Warranty: Also, you get a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. Though it is a limited warranty.
Problems with the cookware
- The cookware will not sit flat on any glass cooktop.
- Warps after first use.
- Not that hefty or thick as you want.
- The pan is quite fragile and lightweight. You cannot say it is made using real stainless steel.
- While heating up the pan, you might get a hot spot.
Tips on maintaining the Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel pots and pans
You need to maintain your Stainless Steel cookware all the time. I am not saying that this cookware needs a lot of your attention. But one thing for sure you need to maintain it. Here are some tips on the matter.
– Before you start cooking, you need to take off the chill of the food.
– We talked about the pan catching hot spots. Well, you will get hot spots if you try to preheat the cookware on high heat. Try to preheat the cookware on medium heat.
– If you are not sure that if the pan is hot or not, try using a butter test. When you see a bubble on the butter, it is pre-heated. If the butter gets brown, it is too hot. Make sure you do a butter test.
– After you are done with cooking, you need to clean it. Using your hands is always the best thing. But you still can use dishwashing soap or gel to clean it. Avoid using bleach or soda.
So, right for the final verdict. Yes, looking for good cookware is not quite easy. But a detailed review will always help you to get the best of your kitchen experience. Now, if you are impressed with the details, you can get this one for yourself. We pointed out the problems alright. But you should remember if you follow our tips, that will not bite you. Now, the choice is yours.